Participate in COVID Research
For more studies from our division, visit our open clinical trials page.
Bridge HIV COVID-19 Study
Bridge HIV has been a global leader in HIV prevention research for over three decades, serving the Bay Area community by targeting the global HIV pandemic. As a community partner, they are turning some of that focus to the global COVID-19 pandemic. To stop the spread of this virus we need a vaccine and to discover one we need your help.
Did you test positive for COVID-19? We want to learn what immune responses help people with COVID-19 recover from their infection. You can help right now by joining a research study.
The information we learn from this study will be used to help develop better tests for SARS-COV-2 infection and COVID-19 disease and will help in developing future vaccines and treatments.
You may be eligible if you received a positive COVID-19 test result. If eligible for a study, you will be paid for your time and study participation.
To be contacted for the Bridge HIV study, please fill out their contact form on their website: https://helpfighthiv.org/covid-19
The Long-term Impact of Infection with Novel Coronavirus (LIINC) study is a collaboration of researchers looking for adult volunteers who tested positive for COVID-19. Our team is working to understand the changes that happen in the immune system after recovery from the virus. LIINC is a team effort that connects researchers across UCSF and the United States with the goal of understanding the immune response to the virus and how it affects a person's body during recovery - this includes its effects on the heart, lungs, and brain. Study visits will include a questionnaire, a blood test, and a saliva test.
COVID-19 Host Immune Response Pathogenesis (CHIRP) Study
Purpose of the study:
- To find out why some individuals have more severe symptoms of COVID-19 while others have little to no symptoms. For example, factors related to your:
- Immune defenses
- Personal characteristics (gender, age, medical conditions, habits like smoking, etc.)
- To use this information to potentially develop vaccines, treatment, and better tests for COVID-19.
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 recently AND
- You have symptoms that started less than 21 days ago (or if you do not have symptoms, you have had a positive COVID PCR test <21 days ago)
If interested, please contact us for an initial phone consultation to see if you are eligible.
- Study Doctor: Dr. Sulggi Lee, 415-735-5127, [email protected]
- Study Coordinator: Heather Hartig, 650-409-6373, [email protected]
Visit https://hividgm.ucsf.edu/chirpstudy to learn more about the study.
Clara Health COVID-19 Study Database
If you are interested in enrolling in a COVID-19 study, this free database from Clara Health allows you to search by subject, location, eligibility criteria, study and treatment type.